January 16, 2006

Memories of Korea

I went to see my best friend in Korea during my winter vacation. What a great trip I had…

We have got to know in Seattle. I remember we hit it off very quickly. I (we) think we are similar. I mean, our attitudes toward our goals, values in our life, ideas of culture differences, and love…those things are something we have in common. We grew up in different countries but we are very close. It is kind of amazing.

It’s been almost one year since we last met. As you could imagine, we talked a lot! Time goes so fast when I with someone I like. This time, I also met her friends. They were very nice. They can speak only Korean fluently and know some English words, but tried to talk to me in English. It was kind of them to teach me Korean. After having dinner together, we went to karaoke and they sang Japanese songs! You know, I enjoyed the time thanks to them.

My parents received the post card that I had sent from Korea. I hope they liked it!

I felt so sad when I had to say good bye to my friend. But we will see again for sure. After coming back to Japan, I developed some photos that I took with her. Now they are in front of me.

4 Comments:

At January 18, 2006 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you got your home in safety.
And I was looking forward to hearing about your trip!!
But this blog isn't enough for me.
So you should tell me about your trip with many(maybe) pictures.

By the way, today I'll have a little big party at Hong-Kong Garden that is one of a Chinese restaurant.
The party is a thanksgiving party given by graduates for our professor.
We(10 students) will pay for our professor and present a bouquet,
a collection of impromptu writings and 2 handkerchiefs.

One of the handkerchiefs is normal(of Burberry), and the another one is a special.
Because I ordered to embroider his initials on the handkerchief at Roppongi Hills!!
That's so cool!


Ah~, we have to meet because we wanna talk about soooo many things.
Isn't is right?

 
At January 19, 2006 1:19 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Hi, Tomoko! It’s you, isn’t it? I know, I know. We should meet up. I cannot explain how much I enjoyed the trip only on this blog. I will show you more pictures (including mine!) next time we see. How was the party? I am sure you guys had a good time with your professor. Well, why don’t we have lunch or coffee together? We will talk a lot!

 
At January 19, 2006 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi~~ Mami~~ I enjoyed watching your pictures and the article. I'm glad that you had a good time in Seoul. Yet, only if you had stayed longer, we could've had more fun time. ^^

I'm in the school, the library. I was pretty vervous starting new semester. One thing I realized one more time is that I need to be more active and possitive person especially when I'm surrounding by only Americans.

However, I'm excited of going to an Elementary school for this time.

Good luck to your new job~! Keep in touch~!!

with love H.S

 
At January 21, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

H.S.>
YES, I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOU! Thank you for everything. I understand we need to be positive/strong when we live in another country by ourselves. But you know what? It’s natural to feel sad at times as a human being. Let me know if you get down. I am always there for you.

I want to listen to your flute next time we see! Please~~

We will keep in touch. Take care.
Lots of love, Maffie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home