December 12, 2005

Sightseeing in Tokyo

My German host parents came to Japan! I was so relieved that my host mother looked ok. While my host father had a business meeting today, my host mother, my friend Tomoko and I went sightseeing in Tokyo.

First, we visited Tsukiji Central Wholesale Market, which is best known as one of the world's largest fish markets. We tasted some seafood, vegetables and fruit. They were really fresh! As I expected, there were full of people and sellers and buyers were hurrying around. Yes, it is a fun place to go.

After having a lunch in Tsukiji, we visited Meiji Shrine (Meiji Jingu). The place was quiet and had lots of trees. That allowed me to get away from a busy life in Tokyo and kept me calm down. We also prayed at the shrine. Nobody knows what we prayed. It could be about ourselves, our families, friends, lives or future…


Then, we walked from Harajuku toward Shibuya. Harajuku is a shopping district for teenagers. There are various small stores on the Takeshita Street and always full of young people. Compared to the street, the Omotesando, which is sometimes refered to as Tokyo's Champs-Elysees, is more sophisticated. There are lots of designer brand stores and people look classy. You’ll have a sense of luxury just by walking there.

Tomorrow, host mother will join a sightseeing tour in the morning, and host father will join her after having another meeting. Hope it will have a great day for them!

P.S. My host parents gave me a loaf of German dark bread and German wine as gifts. I love both so much! How lovely they are. Thanks a lot!!

2 Comments:

At December 13, 2005 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was soooo excited!!
I had a good, fun and happy time with you and your host mother.

That was the first time to visit to TSUKIJI.
So everything was fresh for not only your host mother but also me!
It was a very good chance.

At the same time, I thought it was very difficult to explain in English about Japanese things.
For example foods, history and so on.
Actually I don't have lots of English vocabulary.
So it might be difficult to explain.
But I think the reason isn't only it.
I didn' t know about Japanese things well.
I have to study more.

Therefore from now on, I'll study about NIKKO and KAMAKURA.
It is fun for me!!
But it's a little bit difficult and I don't have enough time.

I'll read a guide book as possible as I can.

 
At December 15, 2005 8:15 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Tomoko>
It’s good to know you had a good time with us! So, it was the first time for you to go to Tsukiji, right? It’s such a fun place, you know? I went there with my German host father 2 years ago, and it was the first time for me. We are going to Nikko today! It’s gonna be a great day for us!!! See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home