November 25, 2005

Responsibility for Kids

How do you take your personal responsibilities?

People have many different types of responsibilities outside work. These should include hobbies, elderly parents, and children. Occasionally, it can be difficult to have enough time for both work and personal responsibilities.

Since one couple who are my acquaintances and have their three-year old kid had to stay in a hotel to give business trainings to their clients for two days, I stayed in the same hotel and did babysitting for them. (Just FYI, I did not have to go to school, internship, nor part-time job for those two days.) I enjoyed myself, but at the same time, I got some ideas of how children grow up.

The boy was very nice (well-mannered), so I did not get in troubles. He was always with me holding hands, sat on a chair nicely, took off his shoes when he sat on a sofa/bed, and did not scream. If I said to him something like “It is not nice to do this in public. You can do that instead, and it’s much cooler.”, he understood and did it. Perhaps, his parents teach him good manners. Additionally, the boy was half American and half Japanese, so he’s already clever at speaking and switching English and Japanese. Children can learn languages faster than any adults, you think?

It was so much fun to play with him. We played baseball and tag, took a walk, watched DVD, went to see a Christmas tree, ate lunch and dinner together, and so on and on. He loved to make a tackle like a sumo wrestler, so we threw ourselves down on the grass over and over saying “Two guys are down~~!” Like you guess, the boy was super active! He was also very lovely!!! When he was eating his food, he sometimes gave me a bite. It was sweet of him to say, “Maffie, it tastes good. Taste it.”

It was my pleasure to do babysitting for the parents and I did not expect any return at all, but they paid me everything for staying at the luxury hotel (4 or 5 stars), meals, and a round-trip ticket, and even gave me some money for the babysitting! It was beyond my expectation, so it was not so easy for me to accept the money from them...I got scared actually. You know, I not only enjoyed myself by spending much time with the boy, but also received many returns. There could be good returns if you contribute yourself for something/someone.

Nowadays more and more young people become parents before they have matured enough and are prepared to have the responsibilities for their beautiful babies. To simply command a child to go to school, stay out of trouble, and avoid drugs is not enough. Parents need to know what children should do, such as what activities are constructive, educational, or character building. Further, children must be loved by parents. Those who grow up with lots of love hardly ever commit a crime. This is just my opinion though, I think we can get some ideas of how to take care of kids by spending some time with them while we are young.


Many people both work and raise their children. It should be hard to achieve good work-life balance; however, I believe we can bring up our children better if we have some experiences or ideas of it. Yet, I just don't know how much I will spend my time for my job when I get my baby...

The three-year old boy has been growning up being loved by his parents. He was angelic, and his smile always made me happy. Through the experience to be with the sweet boy for two days, I somehow understood why parents can work hard for their kids.

6 Comments:

At November 26, 2005 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one day, you will be a great mom, i just know it ^ ~

 
At November 27, 2005 6:58 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Steven>
Thanks, Steven. That's a great compliment. Hope I would be a great mom!

 
At November 28, 2005 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Steven.
I think Maffie will be a good mother.

But at the same time, I think your children will be too romantic because of you.
So I'll welcome your children anytime you want!!

↑Maybe, nobody can understand the sentence.

 
At November 28, 2005 10:00 PM, Blogger Maffie said...

Tomoko>
Thank you, Tomoko~~. haha, I understand what you meant. As you know, I like romantic scenes and stories (too romantic???), so my child may become a romantic boy/girl as well. On the other hand, you are more realistic. (might be too realistic^^)) We can work together for our kids, so they will be just right men/women! Right? Good idea~ hahaha

 
At November 30, 2005 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are too many parents who are unprepared for childhood. Having a child should not be a decision made on impulse, because it is a lifelong decision.

And I tend to find it scary.

 
At December 02, 2005 6:50 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Alvarny>
I agree with your opinion. It is a lifelong decision. For kids and ourselves, we need to think about childcare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home