October 22, 2005

Being Refreshed

Laughing can take away our tiredness.
Having a dream gives us energy.

I have not seen my old university mates for a while since they started working. We’ve known how we’ve been doing just by e-mail. Reading their e-mail, I imagined they were suffering from stresses caused at work, though they sounded all right. All I wanted them to do was to felt refreshed. That’s what I hoped…

Today, we got together finally. They seemed to be having fun by spending several hours together. We laughed a lot and talked about what kind of dreams we have. Since we met close to our university, they might have been able to go back to the days when they were still students getting away from the work. We shared such a good time.

They run into obstacles at work but seem to enjoy working. It was good to know that one of my friends had gotten over one anxiety and found a hope. Once we get over something bothering us, we would be able to be a stronger person.

To work until late at night…
To catch the last train…
To stay in the office overnight occasionally…
My friends are the ones. No wonder Japanese are said to work too hard. No wonder the Japanese term KAROUSHI (過労死=death by overwork) is recognized in the world without being translated into English. I cannot deny the national character though.


I want to tell them to take good care of themselves. Be in health.

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2005 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday, thank you for inviting me!!
It was fun for me, too.

I think it is important, precious and good to talk with a new person.
I mean I could widen a circle of my community yesterday.
Everything was fresh for me.

Thanks a lot!!
Please tell them "thank you."

 
At October 23, 2005 11:57 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Tomoko>
I am happy to know you enjoyed your time with us yesterday! There is something new when we meet someone. It’s good to open our mind to accept new ideas. I will tell them you had a good time with them!

 
At October 24, 2005 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there~
how's everything? good i hope, well like last time i said don't work too hard...
take rest whenever you need to.
i miss you! maybe we can talk online some time?
plz take care of yourself

 
At October 25, 2005 1:23 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Steven>
Long time no see! I’m doing well. Thanks for taking care of me always. How about you? Yah, I’m gonna come online, so we can talk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home