October 24, 2006

Guam

I went to Guam with my friend during my vacation last week, which was my late summer vacation. We wanted to go to Hawaii at first, but all the flights were already full when we made a reservation. So we decided to go to Guam instead.

We loved the blue ocean, the sky, and the sunshine. Those lifted my spirits! I got excited just by taking a walk on the beach.

On the second day, we went to Cocos Island which is located on the southern coast in Guam. We did some water sports like seawalker and banana boat. Seawalker gave us an opportunity to see underwater world! I could see many tropical and beautiful fish coming to me while I was feeding them. Our instructor allowed (forced) us to touched sea cucumber. It was a little bit disgusting for me though…I will never forget the experience! Anyway, the instructor gave us some little shells at the end of the seawalker. It was such a nice gift for us! And about banana boat, can you guess what happened to us??? We enjoyed it at first, and the instructor let us get off from the boat near the little sand beach which was almost in the sea. BUT when we got back on the boat, water did not come out from the jet ski dragging the boat…the engine was really heated up. You know, we had to wait in the middle of the sea until someone would notice us! We believed someone would save us, so we were pretty much relaxed “in the sea”, though we felt a little bit nervous. Yea, about thirty minutes later, another instructor came and found us. Thanks god! It was such a wonderful surprise, you know? We can hardly ever have the experience!

Only one thing my friend and I were not happy about Guam was there were too many Japanese. We are the ones who want to feel and enjoy foreign life when we are in another country. I thought 90 % of tourists in Guam were Japanese. Japanese food, letters, and songs were everywhere. No wander native people can speak Japanese so well. I think it is good to visit Guam for those who like to live in Japanese culture. But overall, I had a great time in Guam!

My vacation is over. It’s time to get back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home