April 08, 2006

First Week of My New Life

New life just started. I joined the company as a newcomer this week and have been taking business trainings. Time went so fast this week.

I was both excited and a little nervous on the first day. But now, I am enjoying taking the trainings. It is really exciting to work with my peers. And I realized that the company has an international environment and long history, which I think is really great. I believe we have an opportunity to have a broader experience.

One surprising thing happened to me this week was I had been given an opportunity to give a speech in English on the Welcome Party held for the newcomers on behalf of us. Many newcomers speak English much better than me, so I was like “Oh god, why me!?!?!?” I knew our CEO and the top people from each division would come to the party, so I got so nervous. I had only 2 days to prepare the speech and kept practicing everywhere. I was mumbling in my room, on the street, and on a train! I think the speech went well and I felt relieved after that. It was the good opportunity to speak in front of everyone.

There are so many things I have to learn and I need to pass some tests to work there. It is challenging, but I want to do my best and be able to contribute myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home