January 08, 2007

Still Young

You are still young.

No matter how old you are, if you think so, you could try anything.



One of my coworkers, who joined the company last year, is leaving the company and is going to go and live in Chile. It is such a big change for her. When we knew it, almost all of us wondered why. She graduated from top university and got the good job. Everyone told her it is too early to quit the job. It is too good to quit the company. But whatever people said to her, only she can decide she is fully satisfied with her life and job, right?

Today, some of our coworkers got together and held a farewell party for her. Until today, we did not have a chance to talk with her face to face. (we only heard she would leave the company soon.) I realized she has considered the matter and prepared well to live in another country.

She’s got several reasons to go to Chile. First, her boyfriend is in the country. You know, many people think she is going to go to Chile because of her boyfriend, but it is not like that actually. She wants to study Spanish (one more language) in the country, not in Japan. She can speak English, so she can talk with many kinds of nationalities. She thinks speaking English made her life change a lot. (I agree with it.) If she can speak one more language, she will have a chance to get to know more people. And one more reason that she is going to Chile is she wants to work there, she wants to make next step for her life. Actually, she went to Chile last year and already did her job hunting and got a job. Language, job and boyfriend…she’s got those reasons.

She is smart.
She is cool.
She is open-minded.
She is aggressive.
She has libertarian attitudes.
But the biggest attributes that made her decide to go to Chile should be she thinks she is still enough young to try anything. Most of my friends including me think we are “ALREADY” turning in our late 20s.

Her future is really wide and open. I wish her the best of luck in her future.

4 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Arriba! The founder of USA Today says, "In your teens, PLAY; in your 20's TAKE RISKS; in your 30s, LEARN, in your 40's, EARN; in your 50s, LEAD...
The world is speeding up, and I applaud your friend's gumption!

 
At January 21, 2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Thanks for your comment! I like the words. I will keep that in my mind ;-)

 
At February 17, 2007 3:06 AM, Blogger ☆Mayu☆  said...

hey! how are you girl?
I really like that word too. I'm kinda in the same situation now so makes me think a lot...

 
At February 17, 2007 2:20 PM, Blogger Maffie said...

Hi, ☆mayu☆
I'm doing well. Thanks! You too?? Yea, her life makes us a lot, huh? You sound you've got many things to think about your life. It is challenging to take next step in our life, but we sometimes need it to make our life better.
Anyway, I like your pictures. Those are so beautiful ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home