July 05, 2006

Being A Loyal Customer

They are always warm. That’s why I am a loyal customer of their shop, I think.

During my lunch time, I want to get sunshine to feel refreshed, so that I usually go outside and take a little walk even though I can take a break in the office. Recently, I often go to Starbucks or Tully’s which is located near my office. I go there because I like their coffee, but the biggest reason is the staff make me feel like going there. I enjoy chatting with them over the counter. Since I became a frequent customer, some of them even come over to me to say just hello. It is very nice of them to remember me!

Today, I got a little surprise when I went to the café as usual. I was studying and staying up late last night, so I might have looked tired. One of the staff noticed it and told me my eyes were red. (God, did I look so tied!? Not good…) And can you guess what happened? I found a message on the latte I ordered! It said “GA N BA RE”, which means “Do your best!” in English. They made it so special, though they did not know why I was tired. They gave me such a sweet gift.

Thank you so much for cheering me up! I will go to the cafe again.

6 Comments:

At July 08, 2006 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice story!!!
So good!!!!!

I want to meet such a restaurant or a cafe.
You are so lucky because you could meet such a nice place and people.

 
At July 09, 2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Hi, Tomoko! Yah, That latte made me so happy. It was touching. We can go to the cafe together someday!

As they did to me, I want to make each customer special;-)

 
At July 09, 2006 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice entry~

Yea, it's nice if you can become a 'regular' at a cafe.

Eventually, you can just go in and say 'I'll just have the usual.' if you get the same thing every day. Then you don't even have to tell them what you want, because they'll remember for you, right ? =P

 
At July 11, 2006 12:18 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Hi, Kenan!
Thanks for your comment. Yah, it would be nice if they know what I want to drink. That's really special. I think there are several ways to make people feel special, and they know how to do it ;-)

 
At July 24, 2006 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a pretty awesome story Mami! Since I know how nice you are, it really doesn't come as much of a surprise to me to hear that. I am sure that you brighten those employees' day when you come into their shop, it sounds like they are just trying to return the favor =)

 
At July 24, 2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Maffie said...

Oh~thank you~~ That's very nice of you. Your comment made me feel warm! Yah, I am happy if I can brighten someone's day and life ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home