June 30, 2007

Seattle, 2007 ①

I went to Seattle for my vacation. I had only one week to stay there, but I had a really wonderful time with my host family and friends. I felt so warm when I was with them. It is much better to see someone face to face than to talk with him/her through the internet or phone call.

It’s been almost two years since I left Seattle. I was there… my memorable place… I was so excited especially on the plane to Seattle.

What I would really love to do there was seeing my “favorites”, which is my host family and friends, so that I did not see the sights of the city. Well, I did not have to go sightseeing. With my favorites, I had dinner, had a chat over coffee, went shopping, went salsa dancing, had BBQ, went bowling, watched Mariners game, etc…(And I bought LOTS OF souvenirs for my family, coworkers, and friends. Half of my baggage was full of the souvenirs!) I also enjoyed the gorgeous weather of this season.

Doing something with someone special... it is priceless.

I did not suffer from jetlag at all and very much enjoyed being in Seattle, even though I had only 3- or 4-hour-sleep each day. Yea, I was full of energy ;-)

While I was there, many people helped me a lot, like giving me a ride, offering to stay in their places, letting me use their phone, and arranging their time to spend with me. I appreciate what they have done for me. I cannot express how much I thank them.

Thinking of them, I felt sad when I came back to Japan. I wished I could stay longer.

Dear my host family and all my friends,
I love you guys, my host mom Sue, Dennis, Ellen, Ben, Jon, Kelly, Joyce, EB, Hamza, Isa, HeeSun, Jenny, Steven, Joseph, Eric, Hakyoon, Sue, Kevin, Tylee, Tom, Mikaela, Joanna...
I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to see you and really appreciate all of your supports while I was with you. I'd say I am the luckiest person because I have got to know you. I treasure the lovely memories that I had with you. You guys are always welcomed to come to Japan, or I will go to Seattle to meet with you. I will see you again, promise!
Big hugs and lots of love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home