August 18, 2005

Memorable Family Event

Last weekend, my family and my friend’s family (actually, our mothers have been good friends since high school) went to a hot spring in Hamamatsu, Sizuoka prefecture, which is almost located in the central part of Japan. As we children grew up, both families lost time to spend together; however, you never know how much we have great memories and funny stories!

We did nothing but talk during our trip. It does not sound thrilling, but to me, I had a good time. Talking about the stories of our childhood, the recent lives and the views for the future, I realized we have grown up. One of us is going to get married next year. Who imagined the time would come?

Oh, I noticed one more thing. I may have the same nature as my brother. When we found a BIG BIG vegetable (white gourd), which is about three times as much as my face, both of us were super excited and took the picture with it. Thinking back to the life when I was in the US, I always took pictures when I saw something “BIG” or bigger than that of Japan. Yes, we are “brother and sister”!

We spent only one day together, but I got another sweet memory from the trip. It may be because I enjoyed the time with the important persons at the place where I often used to go shellfish gathering with my family. Now some of us are still students, but all of us will have a job from next year. Once we start working, we will have less time to see each other…

I decided to put our pictures of the trip on somewhere in my room. Maybe my family’s one, children’s one and the one of all of us!

5 Comments:

At August 18, 2005 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a good time in Hamamatsu with your important people, didn't you?
You enjoyed just talking.
That sounds good!!
I can understand your feeling well,
because I like talking, too.

I saw the picture that you and your brother came out.
Yes,,,,,
YOU GUYS ARE SURELY BROTHER AND SISTER!!!

I wanna hear about your trip, more detail.
So I'm looking forward to seeing you next.
Talk to you soon.

 
At August 18, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger Maffie said...

Tomoko>
Yah, I was happy to see all of them. You know, we live by ourselves, so we can hardly see each other. We can talk over the phone though. Oh, my dad, brother and I played deck of cards. We used to play a lot. It was so much fun! My brother lost the games MANY times unbelievably. Was it on purpose??? maybe not~~ ha ha

You are the one who knows us a lot, so I wanted to show the picture to you! Do you like it? Yes, talk to you soon.

 
At August 19, 2005 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,how have you been? I'm glad to see your blog. I'll write more detail about me to you! Talk to you later!

Best wishes!

 
At August 19, 2005 2:17 AM, Blogger ☆Mayu☆  said...

Hey, Maffie!!
you made english blog page! let's work out together. i know this blog site is a little difficult to make...
I went to a trip with my family too few days ago. Yeah, it really is nice to be with your family.

Well, talk to you later:)
Check my weblog too!

 
At August 20, 2005 10:08 AM, Blogger Maffie said...

Sandy>
Thanks for your comment! It’s been already one year since we met in Seattle! I am happy to go to know you. How nice it is for us to have kept in touch like this even if we met only once. I was lucky that the teacher let you sit on next to me! I hope things are going well for you. Talk to you later!


Mayu>
I finally made this! I compared some blog providers and liked this Website the most. Yah, it’s kinda hard to handle it. I am trying to create an online photo album too. Actually I’ve almost made one, but it is limited to organize photos using the site. Do you know some good sites? Do you like the one you use?

You also went on a trip with your family, huh? I believe you had a great time.

I look forward to reading your blog~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home